Tuesday, July 1, 2008

any post referencing "star tours" is a success in my book

I found my final cast member today! Pretty sure I've got everything set in the "finding actors" department.

Now I need to actually do some things that involve getting off my lazy ass. Namely, making a rain-machine.

According to a random website I found, building a rain machine involves a little construction work, but not a lot of cash. I would need some basic stuff-- wooden beams, a garden hose, ropes and eyebolts, and some screws, nuts and bolts. It seems like it would provide a large enough square-footage of rain. Although it might screw up some Scorsese-style tracking shots I wanted to throw in... unless I can put it on wheels and get it to move with the camera.

Oh and the day would HAVE to be overcast, or it obviously wouldn't work.

That means figuring out a schedule is going to be a little bit of guesswork. Blegh.

But I guess I would do all the outside shots at the same time, so that the clouds were always overhead.

I totally love this whole planning-a-movie thing, by the way. I'm having so much fun! And hopefully the final product won't suck completely. It is my first movie, after all. And I'm still getting used to my programming.

(I know this is probably your first short film, and it's... mine, too. Ha ha!)

No comments: