Sunday, July 13, 2008

plan 10?

Hey boils and ghouls. Iggy here.

After crying myself to sleep last night, and after eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's and watching old Cary Grant movies with "the girls", I think I'm on the road to recovery from acute self-doubt. Film is a tough business, and no one will sugarcoat things in Hollywood. I need to be ready to accept my own mediocrity, and never stop trying to break through it.

And if I can't, maybe I'll get a job working on Two and a Half Men. (Ouch! Score one for the Iggster!)

So here's my shopping list for tomorrow. (I'm probably going to do most of the rain-machine building work then)

  • 2 1-by-2 inch boards cut 5 feet long
  • Rope
  • 4 eye bolts
  • 25- to 50-foot soaker hose
  • Wood screws
  • 4 1-by-2 inch boards cut 3 feet long
  • 1 plastic hose cap
  • Zip ties

  • I still have to consult with my engineering friend about what kind of square footage I'll need, which means I might need more boards.

    This is really riveting stuff for blogging material, I know. I wish making movies was more interesting. If I could tell you more about the actual plot I would, but I don't want to spoil anything for you guys before the short comes out. It's a fun little story.

    Damn it, I just want there to be one rainy day this summer. That's all I fricking need. I don't want to build a massive contraption to fake it, and have the sun obviously shining through the entire scene. I don't want to make a shitty movie, a "Plan 9 from Outer Space" or something.

    By the way, you should watch that movie on Youtube. It's hilarious to see how bad a movie can actually be.

    No comments: