Wednesday, July 16, 2008

gallery of progress

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, here's a few "thousand words" about my rain machine-in-progress...

Photobucket

This was our high-tech sawing table. Yep-- two nasty, dirty old plastic chairs. They were new at some point... roughly 1972, to be exact.

Photobucket

The frame.

Photobucket

The other half of the project, to be put onto the frame on Friday. But first I have to drill a bunch of little holes in it, so that it will shoot water out at random intervals, and hopefully, that will turn out looking something like rain.

And finally...

Photobucket

Here's me, looking ferocious after a long couple hours in the sun.

So with the rain machine half-finished, my other job for today was to call my former boss and ask for a professional camera. He was really generous and agreed to let me borrow a camera for a weekend. Considering I was expecting to pay upwards of $100 to rent a pro's camera for one day, this is a pretty big coup. I knew that internship would count for something.

I figure I can buy a plastic tarp to cover it if conditions are rainy.

Now the next step is to start scouting locations.

If you want to come help me scout, you're invited.

No comments: