Sunday, June 29, 2008

progress!

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain, Air Marshal Iggy speaking. We've got some light-patterned clouds coming up on our right, and if you look down through those clouds you'll see the Grand Canyon. It's a breathtaking sight this time of day, right near sunset. Truly a rewarding experience for everyone who has chosen to fly with us today.

However, I do have some bad news-- our flight from Chicago to Miami may be getting in a little later than scheduled.

(This cold open brought to you by an old Calvin and Hobbes comic.)

So finally I have something new to report in my quest. I wrote a second draft of my short-film script. It's much improved over the old one, and I'm a lot more excited to put it to action. I also think I've gotten two of the parts locked down: my "main character" and the sarcastic clerk. Only part I still need to cast is the female clerk.

Seriously, if acting in a short sounds interesting to you, let me know! The casting call is completely open at this point.

Now the next steps: getting a 24p camera locked down (for relatively cheap, hopefully one-day use), talking to a couple places for permission to film, and since the script calls for rain, I also need to have God set up a rainy day for us. Or I'll have to rig up some kind of rain machine.

Too bad I don't live in friggin Berkeley, where it rains 93% of the year.

But for today, progress has been achieved.

Which is the opposite of congress. And Congress has certainly NOT been achieved.

Well, technically the Congress always exists, and it's not really something to be "achieved". It's more like an institution. A system of government that is constantly in place. Really, without Congress we'd be nowhere. Our country would be a totalitarian wasteland, with a so-called "president" selecting a few corrupt judges to protect his tyranny.

Where was I going with this?

No comments: