Wednesday, June 25, 2008

googlebomb


In an effort to get my readership up, I'm now going to Googlebomb this website-- and write down some key search terms that might attract people to Iggy's Quest:

Britney Spears swallowing a sword. Howard Stern's penis. Iguanas. Muscle Milk. The Monopoly guy taking a crap. iPod Touch. Six sick sheep sleep soundly. Miley Cyrus doing a handstand. Ninja Warrior. Alicia Silverstone's balls. Viva la Vida = the best album of 2008. (That last part is actually true.) Justin Timberlake playing Stratego with John Mayer. Chocolate chip cookies. Talladega Nights. And of course... 2 Girls 1 Cup.

There! Hope that helped.

Welcome to all my new (and slightly weird) readers! Scroll down to the bottom post to get caught up on what's going on here. My name is Iggy, and I'm a young, lithe flight attendant from Dallas who also wants to be a writer/director someday.

Actually I don't have too much to say today. I've pretty much gotten you caught up on my quest. But I will tell you a little bit about my new project for this summer.

To be a director, you basically just have to start getting experience making movies. Short films are a perfect way to get that experience. You don't need a huge budget-- if you have the right camera, you can make a movie on $100 or less. Quentin Tarantino once said that trying to make a movie with a shoestring budget is the best film school anyone can have. And y'all know how much I love QT.

So I'm gonna be making a short film, and then I'm probably going to just upload it to Youtube and see how many views I can get. I've heard that people have actually been hired to make movies or music videos, based solely on Youtube videos they directed.

Pretty intense, huh?

The casting call is open for three characters. A downcast but nice guy, maybe HS or college-age. A highly sarcastic store clerk. And last, but certainly not least, a quirky, attractive female clerk, in her late teens.

Now please be sure to keep your tray tables in their upright and locked position, and fasten your seatbelts, cuz this plane is taking off-- straight to the top of the Google hit list!

(Please?)

No comments: