Saturday, June 28, 2008

one week and one day?

Yesterday was the one-week anniversary of this blog. Before I break out the champagne, I'd like to present all of you, my faithful readers, with a special treat. I like to sustain the idea that I'm just a character, a man (or woman) named Iggy, writing from an unspecified and constantly-changing location. But today, I'm going to reveal my identity for the first time.

I'm going to post a picture of myself.

But be warned-- I'm not planning on doing this very often, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Linky

You know what, I have to apologize for that picture. I was not having my best hair day, and it turns out my favorite flower-patterned tie is barely in the frame! What a gyp.

On the "quest" front, not much to report. I spent most of today sitting on a Greyhound bus, traveling across state lines.

When we went out to our lunch break, the guy sitting in front of me didn't make it back in time. The bus driver was very adamant-- he'd said 2:30, damn it, and we weren't about to wait until 2:32 for the man to show up.

We pulled back onto the road at 2:31 exactly, sans guy-in-front-of-me. As we turned onto the freeway, I looked back and saw him standing on the sidewalk, sadly watching the ass-end of the bus as it disappeared into the golden horizon.

Let this story be a warning: Greyhound takes absolutely no shit. Not from anybody.

But now I'm back in my main haunt, so pretty soon it will be time to start on this short-film project. One last tidbit-- I can't think of a name for it yet, but the main plotline revolves around... shoes.

Yep. Shoes. (...betch.)

Don't worry, though. I think you'll like it.

No comments: