Wednesday, March 11, 2009

look! i exist!

My television show premieres this Sunday night at 8, on MTV's older, less-Ritalin-addicted cousin network known as Video Hits One.

Watch it.


Also, again I have to apologize for stringing out the posts so thin. I went through a blogging phase a few years ago where every daily occurrence made it to the Internet. Now I'm going through the inverse phase, where I keep everything to myself, and hide from everyone. Don't worry-- it's just a phase.

I wanted to let you guys know, though. I've been working on a new project. A screenplay.

It's already a vast improvement over my last effort. If you're unfamiliar, I did write a full screenplay last year... It was called "Jack is Dead" and it was kind of a modern-day spin on the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern story. I honestly think there's a good movie in there-- but I sure as shit couldn't find it. Maybe someday I'll rehash the whole mess and work it out. As it is, the finished draft of "Jack is Dead" is missing the one crucial ingredient in a good film: interesting and creative ideas.

This time, I think I've got a few pretty sweet ideas to toss in.

I won't give a plot summary yet, because it's probably still too early to do that, but I'll point you in the right direction. (Most of these comparisons are for overall mood and tone, as well as themes... NOT specific plot details.)

Mix Fight Club with War of the Worlds, in the style and atmosphere of 12 Monkeys. A little bit of Memento, a spritz of Tarantino (I can't resist), and even a dash of Oldboy to shake things up-- and you've got an idea where my project is going.

It's called "Six-Six-Seven", and when it's finished, I want you to read it.

No comments: