Tuesday, March 31, 2009

look who's talking

Okay, you guys wanna know something scary?

I think I've actually got a pretty good movie on my hands.

Now the next step (once I tighten up a few loose ends) -- is to find an agent? Isn't that what people do? Writers, I mean.

Sorry, I know this blog post isn't that monumental. But I thought I'd mention that I'm really excited about the way the script has turned out. And I was kind of wondering if anyone knows of anyone I can send this mother trucker off to.

By the way, as I've thought about it more and more... I think Oldboy should be required viewing for anyone who reads my blog. That's right. I just gave you a homework assignment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya, finding an agent is always tough and crazy...I need to get on that...anyway, you can start by just sending a massive amount of copies to well known script companies--samuel french comes to mind, but there are many others--and see if anyone is interested. even if your script is excellent, you will probably get a lot of declines from people unless you're represented. so getting an agent is a good first step so that they can work with you. even if you are well represented, you still might have to deal with a lot of failure-screen writers and actors have that in common :) Anyway, really long rant, but I hope that you've found it helpful! We need to meet up sometime Danny!
always,
bethany koulias