Saturday, December 20, 2008

credit number two?

At around 4 pm today, Key PA from, uh... "Marriage Castle" called me. He told me about a position on another movie-- a production assistant job, someone "with experience in post".

Luckily for me I spent my first hours in the "Hollywood" school of business as a go-fer at Dogmatic Creative Production. The little editing/production house in Venice Beach. I sat around in an editing room, listening to Bruce Springsteen on my boss D-Dog's computer speakers, talking about Rock Band and/or doing homework. Oh and I picked a couple things up about Final Cut, too. I think.

Back to today. Key PA sounded deadly serious when he gave me this offer. He told me "Don't say anything about being an intern." He wanted me to get a paid position. I was touched... he was delivering on his promise from a few weeks ago.

Then he said "Don't fuck me on this, Flood." And, ah yes-- I felt familiar ground again.

So I had my buddy Diego copy down a name, phone number and email for a prospective new boss. Another potential H-wood contact. I went home, touched up the ol' resumé and sent it off to her inbox. Then I called and left a voicemail on her cell phone.

Half an hour later, I got a callback. She apparently didn't get my resumé attachment the first time-- but she said that was only a formality, and that I'd most likely be getting the job.

They're going to call me back by next Monday to fill me in on the details.

No comments: