Sunday, November 2, 2008

a saucer? you mean from up there?

It's the day after Halloween and all I can do is wait for the Christmas season to start. By far the best time of year. The lights, the decorations, the weather, the overall feeling of joy and goodwill in the air. Plus if it were December, I'd have skipped a whole month of having no friends and doing nothing with my time. Let the Christmas bells ring!

In blog news, look for something new and awesome to appear very soon. Sound intriguing? Good. I have you right where I want you. Be sure to check back often-- you never know when I might drop the AWESOME right on you.

Anyways.

I'm starting to branch out and look for work on film productions. A couple months ago in this blog, I explained the whole purpose of a P.A. (production assistant), and basically that's what I'm trying to go after. It's not a noble line of work-- the typical P.A. spends his day waiting in line at Starbucks three times in a row because the director can't decide which mocha latte is right for him. And that's not too bad an assignment.

But you have to start somewhere.

I often wonder whether I'm really cut out to be a director. Running a small army of crew, making a thousand decisions a day, dealing with power-hungry stars who want to cut that brilliant (and necessary) rape scene because it would make their character less sympathetic. Sometimes I don't know if people would listen to me and respect me. I'm just Iggy, after all. Just some guy with wild hopes and a Blogspot.

Who knows if the films I'd make would even be any good?

I worry about that sometimes. Then I pop in "Plan 9 from Outer Space" and I feel a little bit better about things.



And remember, my friends: future events, such as these, will affect you... in the future.

2 comments:

anacornoaktree said...

JESUS SAYS

If you have faith as small as a mustard seed,
you can say to this mountain, “move from here to there”
and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Mathew 17:20

You will succeed your dreams - and always keep young in your heart.

Iggy said...

Thanks. :D

Sometimes I moan and complain and worry, but ultimately I try not to get down about the future-- because it hasn't happened yet, so who knows? I might yet manage to pull it off.

(and I love that verse, thanks for bringing it up.)

In any case... at least I can do better than Ed Wood Jr.