Thursday, November 6, 2008

live update from the field

Hi guys, Iggy here. Believe it or not, this is a first-- a special field report from inside the production offices of the movie I'm working on! Yes indeed. Can you feel the excitement?

So far today I've had one big, major task. The 2nd AD gave me a list of all the crew people involved with this movie-- probably about a hundred people, not even including the cast. I had to call each person and invite them to a special event tomorrow: the official Korean "blessing" of the film production, including lots of food and apparently, a pig's head.

I was on the phone for about two hours straight, but I did it. Called everyone. Even a bunch of people who were actually in the office while I was making the calls. Whenever that happened, we would laugh awkwardly and then hang up quick.

Clearly this job was life-or-death important.

The good news is I'm meeting even more people today, and they seem to like me well enough. I'm working hard, and that's what counts.

This could really be a big opening for me.*

I mean, I've already gotten a business card from one of the producers who offered me a job (maybe) after this project wraps. I'm getting phone numbers, and on top of that, most people here actually know my name.

Just now the art director walked in and took a picture of me smiling. It was for the dentist's office scene; they need a bunch of pictures of "customers" with big smiles, just for decoration. So I guess I might actually be in the movie now. Cool shiz.

Iggy's quest has officially gotten off the ground!

*that's what HE said.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

that's really exciting! i'm secretly jealous, except not, because i don't want to be a film intern. but that's really awesome.

p.s, the word verification for this comment was "daboo." i don't know what it is, but i like it. daboo!

Old Soul said...

Wow, congrats man! I'm really glad to hear that you are finally starting to break into the business. I think this bodes well for you...I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more. All I can say is...keep up the good work! I'm definitely rooting for you!

Ray Ho said...

congrats dude. that's awesome!

years later, in your acceptance speech, you can talk about this moment. the day the Quest took flight. and all the people at the oscars will nod with small tears in their eyes.

you're doing it man. good luck :D