Monday, August 10, 2009

what a weird pic

Ahhh... Nice, slow summer!


It's a slow summer nationwide, actually. We're all a bit stuck in the mud these days. The economy is a goddamned mess, and all the smartest people know it's going to get worse before it gets better. Personally... I blame Enron.

So, is it just me -- or are a lot of the movies this summer pretty much awful?

I mean last year we had Dark Knight, Iron Man, Wall-E, Tropic Thunder... hell, even Kung Fu Panda and Get Smart (which was CRIMINALLY underrated!!)

This year we've got The Ugly Truth... Ice Age 3... Bruno... I Love You Beth Cooper... Year One... and of course "Julie & Julia". Not to mention the three movies linked above.

Pretty dire.

To be fair here -- 2008 had its share of crap -- and 2009 has produced a few solid flicks.

But my point stands, I think. I'm just not extremely impressed with the current state of affairs in Hollywoodland. It's all a little too brain-dead for my taste, and I think America would agree with me.

But then again, box office business is booming.

No comments: